Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Pacific Heights 2


Pacific Heights 2
8x10 original oil painting
SOLD

Pacific Heights offers panoramic views of the city, with all streets leading to the San Francisco Bay.  I want to paint large street scenes of San Francisco, so I'm practicing with small paintings to try out different compositions.  Not all small paintings make good large paintings, but it's the best way to start.

Last week I was chosen to participate in an exhibition at the Sanchez Art Center in Pacifica, CA.  The show is called "50-50 Show III."  Each artist will paint 50 small 6x6 inch paintings in 50 days and then exhibit the paintings in August.  My theme is "Endless Summer," so expect to see some beach scene paintings during the next couple of months as I prepare for the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment