Sunday, January 30, 2011

Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk


Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk
8x10 original oil painting
SOLD

The Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk is located on the ocean with views of Monterey Bay.

A couple of years ago I painted plein air at the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk with a friend, Kathy Ellis. It was a beautiful sunny fall day, and all of the rides were closed.  We were the only two people around, except for a few staff members.  It was a challenging place to paint with all of the bright colors and architectural structures.

I've wanted to paint the Boardwalk again.  My painting shows a busy day at the park with the entrance to the world famous Giant Dipper roller coaster in the background.

1 comment:

  1. This blog is so nice to me. I will keep on coming here again and again. Visit my link as well..
    Oil Paintings

    ReplyDelete