Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Market Street, San Francisco


Market Street, San Francisco
8x10 original oil painting
SOLD

 I've always liked to paint architecture.  Josef Woodard of the LA Times described my paintings of Ventura as "townscapes."  Following in that tradition, I've painted a cityscape of San Francisco, looking down Market Street at the Ferry Building on the Embarcadero.

I'm attracted to the shapes and colors in architecture and the abstract juxtapositions.  I like the long shadows that tall buildings cast in the city.  With buildings of different heights, the sun can peek through in different areas. 



2 comments:

  1. Kathy this is beautiful! I love your paintings of architecture, San Francisco almost as much as your eucalyptus trees...the VW in Santa Cruz is wonderfu too!...

    Time for a Woodside coffee catch up??

    xoxo

    Kit

    ReplyDelete